Pickersgill Consultancy and Planning Ltd. (PCP) is an award-winning full-service market research agency and consultancy. We’ve been leading the way in market research in the UK for more than 30 years. We offer a personal tailored approach, exceptional value for money and vast experience across a wide range of sectors.
An exemplary track record
Our Managing Director Peter Pickersgill set up the company in 1990. Based in York, PCP is one of the North East’s longest established market research companies.
In the 21st century the company has expanded even more, twice moving to larger premises. However, we retain all the characteristics of a small agency. We’re proud to maintain close working relationships with our clients.
What we do
Our work covers both the public and private sectors. We deal with large and small, continuous and ad hoc projects. Our services include qualitative and quantitative research, mystery shopping and statistical analysis. See our range of services.
Why we do it
It doesn’t matter if you’re an established international company or have little or no knowledge of what market research can achieve. We enjoy making a difference to all our clients. It is always a pleasure to show how research techniques can help transform your business or organisation.
How we work
All projects are personally directed by Peter, our Managing Director. He is supported by our research executives, interviewer supervisors and a national team of interviewers. There are more details in the section about our team.
Dedicated telephone interview suite
Our offices contain a dedicated 12 bay Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) facility. Find out more in telephone interviews.
We are a Company Partner of the Market Research Society (MRS). Our Managing Director Peter has been a full member for more than 30 years. We strictly follow the MRS Code of Conduct in all our work. We are also registered under the Data Protection Act.
- Commissioning PCP for this unique first-of-its kind research was both an honour and an exciting time. Working to very tight deadlines, both PCP and 5Pillars maintained a professional and respectful relationship. Indeed, it was a new endeavour for both parties, which made the research on 'normative Islam' that extra bit special. I would strongly recommend others to use the market research services of PCP. I have no doubt British Muslims in their tens of thousands were impressed by the work carried out by Peter Pickersgill and his company.Muhammad “Dilly” Hussain (Deputy Editor)5Pillars, Based in London
- Safestyle UK commissioned PCP Market Research to undertake a major review of the company’s branding and advertising. Peter and his team worked tirelessly to meet tight deadlines and were dedicated to getting the clearest possible insights for the company. We were delighted with the research they conducted and a new advertising campaign has been developed which incorporates many of the findings. Overall I feel that PCP really care about the quality of their work and how it can help their clients – something which is quite rare in the agencies I have worked with over the years. Well done to the team. They are very highly recommended.Phil Berry (Head of Marketing) Safestyle UK, Bradford
- PCP Market Research provided an excellent friendly and efficient service. But in addition to the nuts and bolts of organising a complex process of surveying, they also offered very helpful advice on increasing returns from potential respondents. When the survey takes place again we will have no hesitation in returning to PCP.Professor Tony Chapman (Professorial Fellow)St Chad’s College, Durham
- Working with PCP is a pleasure - they are my 'go to' research company. Peter in particular is always very helpful and happy to answer numerous questions. He offers his expertise so that you feel in safe hands throughout working with them. The whole team are polite, flexible and always happy to help. On many occasions I have given very tight deadlines and PCP has never let me down. I would definitely recommend working with them.Emma PriceConsultant at Claremont Comms
- Over the last few years I have worked exclusively with PCP on a range of projects, large and small, consumer and B2B, customers and staff. I have no hesitation in saying that PCP are absolutely first rate partners. They are brilliant at what they do. They are very cost-effective. They make the process, however technical, easy to understand. I am very happy to recommend PCP.Steve Williams (Managing Partner) Stratosphere, Liverpool
- Royal Voluntary Service has commissioned PCP Market Research over a period of many years to undertake a wide range of projects. PCP’s work has been to a consistently high standard and they are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure results. One important recent study highlighted the problems caused when older people are discharged prematurely from hospital. The results of the research received wide publicity in the media and contributed to further awareness of our Let’s End Going Home Alone campaign.Mel Garfield (Head of External Relations) Royal Voluntary Service, based in Cardiff