Pickersgill Consultancy and Planning Ltd. (PCP) is an award-winning full-service market research agency and consultancy. We’ve been leading the way in market research in the UK for more than 30 years. We offer a personal tailored approach, exceptional value for money and vast experience across a wide range of sectors.
An exemplary track record
Our Managing Director Peter Pickersgill set up the company in 1990. Based in York, PCP is one of the North East’s longest established market research companies.
In the 21st century the company has expanded even more, twice moving to larger premises. However, we retain all the characteristics of a small agency. We’re proud to maintain close working relationships with our clients.
What we do
Our work covers both the public and private sectors. We deal with large and small, continuous and ad hoc projects. Our services include qualitative and quantitative research, mystery shopping and statistical analysis. See our range of services.
Why we do it
It doesn’t matter if you’re an established international company or have little or no knowledge of what market research can achieve. We enjoy making a difference to all our clients. It is always a pleasure to show how research techniques can help transform your business or organisation.
How we work
All projects are personally directed by Peter, our Managing Director. He is supported by our research executives, interviewer supervisors and a national team of interviewers. There are more details in the section about our team.
Dedicated telephone interview suite
Our offices contain a dedicated 12 bay Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) facility. Find out more in telephone interviews.
We are a Company Partner of the Market Research Society (MRS). Our Managing Director Peter has been a full member for more than 30 years. We strictly follow the MRS Code of Conduct in all our work. We are also registered under the Data Protection Act.
- PCP Market Research provided an excellent friendly and efficient service. But in addition to the nuts and bolts of organising a complex process of surveying, they also offered very helpful advice on increasing returns from potential respondents. When the survey takes place again we will have no hesitation in returning to PCP.Professor Tony Chapman (Professorial Fellow)St Chad’s College, Durham
- Safestyle UK commissioned PCP Market Research to undertake a major review of the company’s branding and advertising. Peter and his team worked tirelessly to meet tight deadlines and were dedicated to getting the clearest possible insights for the company. We were delighted with the research they conducted and a new advertising campaign has been developed which incorporates many of the findings. Overall I feel that PCP really care about the quality of their work and how it can help their clients – something which is quite rare in the agencies I have worked with over the years. Well done to the team. They are very highly recommended.Phil Berry (Head of Marketing) Safestyle UK, Bradford
- Commissioning PCP for this unique first-of-its kind research was both an honour and an exciting time. Working to very tight deadlines, both PCP and 5Pillars maintained a professional and respectful relationship. Indeed, it was a new endeavour for both parties, which made the research on 'normative Islam' that extra bit special. I would strongly recommend others to use the market research services of PCP. I have no doubt British Muslims in their tens of thousands were impressed by the work carried out by Peter Pickersgill and his company.Muhammad “Dilly” Hussain (Deputy Editor)5Pillars, Based in London
- We have worked with Peter and the team for more than a decade. They are knowledgeable, dedicated and provide a great service. We find them particularly good at raising bespoke samples at a very reasonable cost.Mark Lowe (Co-Founder)Third City Communications Agency, London
- The whole experience was completely painless. PCP didn't just take the brief from me - they adapted my questionnaire, made some useful comments and were especially insightful with their conclusions. They are big enough to know what they are doing but small enough to give a really good personal service. I would give them 10 out 10. I will continue to use them and have already recommended them to others.Chris DavisCEO of Graduate Coach
- I find PCP a great organization to work with. They provide good insight and interpretation as well as getting the basics right. Their flexibility in helping get under the skin of questions quickly is a great help.Chris Graham (Commercial Director) Loans at Home for You, Leeds