Pickersgill Consultancy and Planning Ltd. (PCP) is an award-winning full-service market research agency and consultancy. We’ve been leading the way in market research in the UK for more than 30 years. We offer a personal tailored approach, exceptional value for money and vast experience across a wide range of sectors.
An exemplary track record
Our Managing Director Peter Pickersgill set up the company in 1990. Based in York, PCP is one of the North East’s longest established market research companies.
In the 21st century the company has expanded even more, twice moving to larger premises. However, we retain all the characteristics of a small agency. We’re proud to maintain close working relationships with our clients.
What we do
Our work covers both the public and private sectors. We deal with large and small, continuous and ad hoc projects. Our services include qualitative and quantitative research, mystery shopping and statistical analysis. See our range of services.
Why we do it
It doesn’t matter if you’re an established international company or have little or no knowledge of what market research can achieve. We enjoy making a difference to all our clients. It is always a pleasure to show how research techniques can help transform your business or organisation.
How we work
All projects are personally directed by Peter, our Managing Director. He is supported by our research executives, interviewer supervisors and a national team of interviewers. There are more details in the section about our team.
Dedicated telephone interview suite
Our offices contain a dedicated 12 bay Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) facility. Find out more in telephone interviews.
We are a Company Partner of the Market Research Society (MRS). Our Managing Director Peter has been a full member for more than 30 years. We strictly follow the MRS Code of Conduct in all our work. We are also registered under the Data Protection Act.
- Working with PCP is a pleasure - they are my 'go to' research company. I have worked with them for two years and nothing has ever been too much to ask. Peter in particular is always very helpful and happy to answer numerous questions. He always offers his expertise too so that you feel in safe hands throughout working with them. The whole team are polite, flexible and always happy to help. On many occasions I have given very tight deadlines and PCP has never let me down. I would definitely recommend working with them.Emma PrinceConsultant at Claremont Comms
- PCP Market Research provided an excellent friendly and efficient service. But in addition to the nuts and bolts of organising a complex process of surveying, they also offered very helpful advice on increasing returns from potential respondents. When the survey takes place again we will have no hesitation in returning to PCP.Professor Tony Chapman (Professorial Fellow)St Chad’s College, Durham
- Over the last few years I have worked exclusively with PCP on a range of projects, large and small, consumer and B2B, customers and staff. I have no hesitation in saying that PCP are absolutely first rate partners. They are brilliant at what they do. They are very cost-effective. They make the process, however technical, easy to understand. I am very happy to recommend PCP.Steve Williams (Managing Partner) Stratosphere, Liverpool
- Commissioning PCP for this unique first-of-its kind research was both an honour and an exciting time. Working to very tight deadlines, both PCP and 5Pillars maintained a professional and respectful relationship. Indeed, it was a new endeavour for both parties, which made the research on 'normative Islam' that extra bit special. I would strongly recommend others to use the market research services of PCP. I have no doubt British Muslims in their tens of thousands were impressed by the work carried out by Peter Pickersgill and his company.Muhammad “Dilly” Hussain (Deputy Editor)5Pillars, Based in London
- The whole experience was completely painless. PCP didn't just take the brief from me - they adapted my questionnaire, made some useful comments and were especially insightful with their conclusions. They are big enough to know what they are doing but small enough to give a really good personal service. I would give them 10 out 10. I will continue to use them and have already recommended them to others.Chris DavisCEO of Graduate Coach
- We used PCP to collect a large bank of data for a project on charitable giving. From first contact through to delivery the service was reliable, fast and efficient. They clearly have a great understanding of the research process and were able to provide useful insights at every stage of the process. The end result was a high reliable dataset, delivered ahead of schedule, which has already put to good use in various projects.Dr David Hart (Principal Lecturer & Programme Director) Newcastle Business School, University of Northumbria