An award-winning UK market research company
Pickersgill Consultancy & Planning Ltd (PCP) is an experienced full service agency. Based in York, UK we have a nationwide network of interviewers. From mystery shopping to statistical modelling, focus groups to telephone surveys, we can help.
Whatever you want
Are you considering an online questionnaire? Perhaps you’re searching for a market research company to analyse existing data? We also offer in-house training. For a comprehensive list, take a look at our services.
Top quality, excellent value
Our qualitative and quantitative market research helps the public, private and charity sectors. We adapt our solutions to meet your objectives. For a top quality service at excellent value for money, please get in touch.
- I find PCP a great organization to work with. They provide good insight and interpretation as well as getting the basics right. Their flexibility in helping get under the skin of questions quickly is a great help.Chris Graham (Commercial Director) Loans at Home for You, Leeds
- We used PCP to collect a large bank of data for a project on charitable giving. From first contact through to delivery the service was reliable, fast and efficient. They clearly have a great understanding of the research process and were able to provide useful insights at every stage of the process. The end result was a high reliable dataset, delivered ahead of schedule, which has already put to good use in various projects.Dr David Hart (Principal Lecturer & Programme Director) Newcastle Business School, University of Northumbria
- The whole experience was completely painless. PCP didn't just take the brief from me - they adapted my questionnaire, made some useful comments and were especially insightful with their conclusions. They are big enough to know what they are doing but small enough to give a really good personal service. I would give them 10 out 10. I will continue to use them and have already recommended them to others.Chris DavisCEO of Graduate Coach
- We have worked with Peter and the team for more than a decade. They are knowledgeable, dedicated and provide a great service. We find them particularly good at raising bespoke samples at a very reasonable cost.Mark Lowe (Co-Founder)Third City Communications Agency, London
- Safestyle UK commissioned PCP Market Research to undertake a major review of the company’s branding and advertising. Peter and his team worked tirelessly to meet tight deadlines and were dedicated to getting the clearest possible insights for the company. We were delighted with the research they conducted and a new advertising campaign has been developed which incorporates many of the findings. Overall I feel that PCP really care about the quality of their work and how it can help their clients – something which is quite rare in the agencies I have worked with over the years. Well done to the team. They are very highly recommended.Phil Berry (Head of Marketing) Safestyle UK, Bradford
- Over the last few years I have worked exclusively with PCP on a range of projects, large and small, consumer and B2B, customers and staff. I have no hesitation in saying that PCP are absolutely first rate partners. They are brilliant at what they do. They are very cost-effective. They make the process, however technical, easy to understand. I am very happy to recommend PCP.Steve Williams (Managing Partner) Stratosphere, Liverpool
- The Kennel Club has worked with PCP for approximately five years. PCP has supplied customer insight through online surveys for Crufts visitors and also facilitated a number of focus groups and delivered the output. Each time PCP has provided insightful, comprehensive reporting which has helped guide our services and products accordingly. They are highly professional and a great team to work with.Helen Fox (Marketing and Business Development Exec) The Kennel Club, London
- We have commissioned several surveys with PCP in the last few years. PCP are very flexible and able to meet tight deadlines. They always go the extra mile to ensure that we get what we need from each project.Alistair Lockhart (Insight Director)Get Savvy, Leeds
- Royal Voluntary Service has commissioned PCP Market Research over a period of many years to undertake a wide range of projects. PCP’s work has been to a consistently high standard and they are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure results. One important recent study highlighted the problems caused when older people are discharged prematurely from hospital. The results of the research received wide publicity in the media and contributed to further awareness of our Let’s End Going Home Alone campaign.Mel Garfield (Head of External Relations) Royal Voluntary Service, based in Cardiff
- Working with PCP is a pleasure - they are my 'go to' research company. I have worked with them for two years and nothing has ever been too much to ask. Peter in particular is always very helpful and happy to answer numerous questions. He always offers his expertise too so that you feel in safe hands throughout working with them. The whole team are polite, flexible and always happy to help. On many occasions I have given very tight deadlines and PCP has never let me down. I would definitely recommend working with them.Emma PrinceConsultant at Claremont Comms
- Commissioning PCP for this unique first-of-its kind research was both an honour and an exciting time. Working to very tight deadlines, both PCP and 5Pillars maintained a professional and respectful relationship. Indeed, it was a new endeavour for both parties, which made the research on 'normative Islam' that extra bit special. I would strongly recommend others to use the market research services of PCP. I have no doubt British Muslims in their tens of thousands were impressed by the work carried out by Peter Pickersgill and his company.Muhammad “Dilly” Hussain (Deputy Editor)5Pillars, Based in London
- PCP Market Research provided an excellent friendly and efficient service. But in addition to the nuts and bolts of organising a complex process of surveying, they also offered very helpful advice on increasing returns from potential respondents. When the survey takes place again we will have no hesitation in returning to PCP.Professor Tony Chapman (Professorial Fellow)St Chad’s College, Durham